Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
It Really Works!
Calea zacatechichi
by Anonymous
Citation:   Anonymous. "It Really Works!: An Experience with Calea zacatechichi (exp2808)". Erowid.org. Sep 8, 2000. erowid.org/exp/2808

1 cup oral Calea zacatechichi (tea)

I've read some things about this herb, and was skeptical. In 1995 I got into a car accident and since then I really can't seem to remember dreaming or just don't dream at all. So I decided to try and see if I can get help.

I boiled about 4-5 tablespoons in about a quart of water, and sipped slowly since it was the most fowl bitter taste I've ever known. I went to sleep 1 hour later, and I don't remember anything different. The next night I did the same and the next morning I woke up out of a dream, and remember a full adventurous night of dreaming. It seemed like it took that initial breaking of the cherry or build up in my system to actually work. Usually I'll grind up whole leaves and place them into gelcaps to avoid the taste, and I'll take with milk or some other dairy 1 hour before sleep, and always recieve at least one memorable dream, the best results being multiple lucid dreams. But despite bad reviews, this plant does really work to induce dreams.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 2808
Published: Sep 8, 2000Views: 51,765
Calea zacatechichi (97) : Alone (16), General (1)