Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Snarling Dog House
Huasca Combo (Syrian Rue & M. tenuiflora)
by Ayahuasca
Citation:   Ayahuasca. "Snarling Dog House: An Experience with Huasca Combo (Syrian Rue & M. tenuiflora) (exp34564)". Jun 22, 2004.

T+ 0:00
4.0 g oral Syrian Rue (tea)
  T+ 0:25 8.5 g oral Mimosa tenuiflora (tea)


This is a report of my second Ayahuasca experience. I obtained 56 grams of Mimosa Hostilis rootbark and one pound of syrian rue seeds from an online source. The first attempt was a failure, and I attribute this to throwing up too soon. The second attempt was a complete success.

- 8.5 grams of rootbark was cut into very small, stringy pieces.
- 4 grams of syrian rue was placed in a plastic bag, wrapped in a cloth, and smashed with a rock.
- The rue was placed in a pot. 1 cup of lemon juice and 2 cups of distilled water were added to the pot. The rootbark was placed in another pot to which 2 cups of lemon juice and 4 cups of water were added. Both were set to boil.
- The rue was boiled for 30 minutes and then set aside to cool.
the rootbark was boiled for 30 minutes, after which the resulting brew was poured through a strainer into another container. The rootbark was placed back into a pot of lemon juice and water. It was then boiled for another 15 minutes.
- The resulting brew was strained, and the yield of both boils were combined. This was then boiled down to a drinkable amount. The final product was reddish brown.
- When the mimosa brew was done boiling for the third time, it was set aside to cool. At this point the syrian rue tea was ingested and chased with pepsi.
- Mimosa mixture was ingested 25 minutes after ingesting the rue. I drank the mimosa over a 5 minute period and chased it with pepsi.

The experience:
This trip took place at a friends house. The brew was consumed on the front porch, which was facing a small thicket of bushes and trees. Behind the thicket was a large field. At the other end of the field were more houses. The porch lights of those houses filtered through the thicket which caused strange effects later that night. It was a very cold summer night.

Time line: (1:10 to 10:45)

T+ 0:00 rue is ingested.

T+ 0:15 I feel sedated and sick to my stomach.

T+ 0:25 Mimosa is ingested. Urge to throw up increases.

T+ 0:55 Eyes are dilated and muscles are very tense. At this point it feels as though I am having a very mild LSD trip.

T+ 1:05 When I move I feel sick and so I sit still and look at my highschool yearbook. Looking at the pictures I get the idea that every moment past, present, and future, exists constantly. There is no movement of time.

T+ 1:15 I begin to feel bored and so I join my two friends, X and Y. The three of us are lying on a bed in the dark listening to Radio Head. At this point the trip still seems very similar to An LSD experience altough it is more intense now than before.

T+ 1:45 I feel tired and I tell my friends that I am going to meditate. Lying on my back with my eyes open I begin to say my mantra in my head. Om Namah Shivaya.

T+ 2:00 My eyes start blinking rapidly of their own volition. My breathing is very shallow and I feel very warm and weightless. It is very hard for me to concentrate on my mantra. With my eyes open or closed I see vivid nonsensical visions that last a few moments before changing into something else. I see bands of light that form ever changing shapes. These bands of light become complete landscapes. I see giant statues made out of science fiction type machines. The landscape changed into a temple. The temple was made partly of reddish rocks and partly of reddish machinery and steel panels and wires and lights. I try telling X and Y what I see but it is difficult to speak so I go back to repeating my mantra.

T+ 2:30 My eyes are now darting around and blinking of their own volition. The visions grow incredibly vivid until my neck jerks hard of its own volition. When this happens the visions momentarily go away, and then start back up again. I begin to make coughing and sputtering sounds. When I try to sit up or speak I convulse badly. When my friends touch me or speak to me I convulse badly and laugh hysterically. The music, which is on a low volume setting, seems to be blaring, and spotlights dance across the dark room. At this point I am feeling the most intense joy that I have ever known. This is heaven. Y makes a comment that 'It seems like the noises he is making are coming from his stomach.' This was significant to me because at that time I was saying my mantra and concentrating on my solar plexus. A voice told me that I didn't need drugs to reach god, and then I became absolutely sure that if I didn't get out of that bed immediately that I would die. I jumped up with a gasp and ran out of the room. I opened the door and ran outside. I reached the thicket in a second and sprawled to the ground. It felt as if I had been in a dream and that it spewed me out onto the ground. I was weak and exhausted. This is the first time that I had gone into the light since the intense part of the trip kicked in and I was shocked when I stood up and looked around. The street lights were surrounded by huge halos. The house looked alive and threatening. Looking at it was like looking into the eyes of a snarling dog. The night sky looked alien. I became terrified and started to sing quietly. The words came of their own volition. The singing helped a great deal.

T+ 3:30 I worked up the courage to enter the living house. I went back to the room. X and Y told me that I hade been gone for an hour, but I was certain that I had been gone only for 15 minutes. X and Y were correct, I had been gone for an hour. I became extremely scared and paranoid. I instructed X and Y not to make any quick movements and to not even look at me. At this point I was convinced that I was among aliens in an alien house and that they were plotting to steel my energy. The three of us went out to the porch. And the paranoia shrank somewhat.

T+ 4:00 I went back to the room to lie down. I watched the room fill up with visions until the sun came up.

T+ 5:25 I moved to another, more brightly lit room. This is when I realised that the trip was still going incredibly strong. There was no wind outside yet the trees are dancing. My eyes begin to dart around again and I try very hard to stop this from happening. I watched the vivid visions for another hour or so.

T+ 6:30 Sleep

T+ 10:15 I wake up feeling sore and exhausted.

This was an incredibly intense trip. I experienced heaven and hell and I learned some important things. Stomach problems were intense for the duration of the day after the trip. It was much more intense than the 9 hits of LSD that I took months ago. The trip itself lasted about 6 hours. This is definately worth trying again after a long period of rest. Definately not for the casual drug user.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 34564
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given 
Published: Jun 22, 2004Views: 44,979
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
Syrian Rue (45), Mimosa tenuiflora (74), Huasca Combo (269) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Glowing Experiences (4), Difficult Experiences (5), Preparation / Recipes (30), General (1)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults