individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
Share and Share Alike
Datura
by lab rat
Citation:   lab rat. "Share and Share Alike: An Experience with Datura (exp4327)". Erowid.org. Dec 21, 2000. erowid.org/exp/4327

oral Datura (tea)

So there I was, young, poor, but in love, so much so we never realised it, ain't that the way, people. We were in good form, ready and willing for more than mushies. At the time someone found out that if you bought a box of cigarettes for asmathatics(!) and boiled them up, you'd be in for one major trip. At one pound sixty six pence per pack, this was to be tried.
[erowid note: low dose datura leaf cigarettes were sold to reduce asthma mostly in the early part of the 20th Century.]

A gang of like minded cosmonauts gathered and I was nominated head chef. I tore the cigarettes up and boilled them for ages. The stench was horrible but I was optimistic that anything that smelt so bad had to be good for you. So the brew was done and I presented the masterpiece to the eager possie and we all took a cup. To this day I couldn't tell you what sort of doses or what part of the plant we took but it wasn't much really. After a few minutes I felt the elevator in the brain hotel go up. I also felt my girlfriend start to lift off. It was amazingly telepathic. We both began to communicate without words and could tell who was on the way up or not. Those who were too concerned with tripping got no hit whatsoever, that i find hard to believe myself but it was so. As things got higher the immersion was more than total, we were just on a level of our own, talking to people in places that just weren't there. Bi-location is another feature of the trip. I didn't get big visual/auditory effects but just total strangeness/otherworld/ parallell universes.

All in all we were gone fishing for three days on just that one dose. It took years for the full impact to fully sink in, reality was never quite the same for either of us, neither could we ever qualify or really explain what happened. There are negatives in the taking: that it tastes vile, I mean you will have to swallow your own vomit to keep it in, it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth for days, and it destroys your ability to focus for a long time. Overall though, we returned to it several times later, once going a full week out. It is to be recomended with caution. Have people there to mind you and avoid at all costs negative people and tense situations. It is only to be done with close people you can trust. I'd love to say more but I'm on the bosses time. Sweet dreams.

Exp Year: 1990ExpID: 4327
Published: Dec 21, 2000Views: 11,211
Datura (15) : Health Problems (27), First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)