Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
A Floating Trip
Mushrooms & Zolpidem
by PhyschdlicDayTripper
Citation:   PhyschdlicDayTripper. "A Floating Trip: An Experience with Mushrooms & Zolpidem (exp44797)". Erowid.org. Mar 19, 2007. erowid.org/exp/44797

10 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:30 2.5 g oral Mushrooms (dried)

Recently I was in New York city visiting some cousins of mine. I had brought some mushrooms because I find that there is nothing better than tripping in the city. The chaos seems to enhance my trip audibly and visually.

When I pulled out the sack of mushrooms my cousin told me of this sleeping pill he had been prescribed that had caused him to have hypnotic and physchedelic effects. I was skeptical but was willing to give it a try. I took 10 mg of Ambien, the recommended dosage on the prescription bottle. Within thirty minutes I could feel the effects. A slight change in light and a resistance to movement, body tension, etc.

The high was nice but not as intense as what I was looking for. So I decided to take out 5 good looking caps from my bag. I quickly downed them, grabbed some water and set off for my days adventure.

Within 1:00 my trip was in full force, but with some slight changes. Normally when I trip I cannot sit still and often find myself pacing and talking incessantly. Instead this time i felt that my limbs were heavy, and often times found myself sitting instead of standing.

I welcomed this feeling as sometimes the nervousness associated with tripping balls is unnerving.

About 1:30 minutes I started to feel a floating sensation when I was walking. I'm sure I looked retarded to anyone who saw me moon-walking through the park I had resigned to. The floaty feeling was actually quite strange because it didn't some from my head, but rather my stomach. The feeling lasted about 2:00 hours.

4:00 hours into my trip I started to feel the comedown. This was the only part of the experience that I did not enjoy. Normally when I eat muchrooms the comedown is quite tame. I smoke a bowl or two, try to sleep, or take a shower. However because Ambien is a sedative it made me pass out into a harsh sleep. I had a few bizarre dreams and awoke about three hours later feeling drowsy and slightly nauseated. In all this experience was quite enjoyable.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 44797
Published: Mar 19, 2007Views: 10,722
Pharms - Zolpidem (143), Mushrooms (39) : Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)