Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Opium Lettuce Zonker
Wild Lettuce (L. virosa)
by Idiot!
Citation:   Idiot!. "Opium Lettuce Zonker: An Experience with Wild Lettuce (L. virosa) (exp4900)". Erowid.org. Feb 7, 2001. erowid.org/exp/4900

1.5 g oral Lactuca - L. virosa (tea)

My Dr wouldn't give me a sedative & I decided to try Aromatherapy & medicinal herbs. I got this lettuce, a herbal sedative, from Culpeppers in England.

I brewed 1.5g in a cup for 15min & then drank. I'd read a herbalist book saying overdose causes stupor, depressed respiration, coma & death....so when I felt zonked so quickly & strongly I assumed the worst, and spent the next hour staving off a huge panic attack by watching WWF wrestling (relaxing TV??!!). I'm still alive but next time, if there is one, I'll take a teaspoon of tea instead of a cup as my dosage level!!

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 4900
Published: Feb 7, 2001Views: 39,692
Lactuca spp. (153) : Unknown Context (20), Difficult Experiences (5), First Times (2)