Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,268.

Donate by Bitcoin
Relaxation, But No High
Poppies - California
by Poppies
Citation:   Poppies. "Relaxation, But No High: An Experience with Poppies - California (exp51774)". Erowid.org. Jan 21, 2010. erowid.org/exp/51774

5 flowers oral Poppies - California (tea)

After reading a book on legal highs, I was trying to decide witch substance to try first. The easiest to get would be the California poppies, seeing that I live in California. I was thinking of possible places to obtain these poppies, and decided rather then go purchase seeds or already grown flowers, I would go scout the neighborhood for houses that have the poppies growing in their garden or lawn. After walking three or four blocks, I found a house with an abundance of the yellow-orange flowers. I picked four or five plants, stem and all but decided to stop as I didn't want to ruin these people's garden and I didn't know how much it would take to cause any effect.

After letting them dry in my sock drawer for 3 days, I decided it was time to try em' out. I crushed them up (flower pedals and leaves, no stems) and then took a green tea bag, and filled the bag with the little dry poppies, green tea and all. I put the tea bag in boiling hot water at around 4:15 PM, covered the container, and let it seep. At around 11:00 PM I decided to drink the now cold liquid. I drank all I had, about one cup, in about 30 seconds. Five minutes later, I found myself zoning out, similar, but MUCH milder to when I first start to feel cannabis after smoking. Then I had a mild euphoria like experience, which lasted about 15 minutes. I then started to feel drowsy, and very comfortable and relaxed. This was similar to coming down from marijuana, but I felt much less heavy and tired, and I was extremely relaxed.

I then decided I was going to go to bed now at 12:00, something I never do because I'm never tired and have trouble sleeping. I had the most relaxing and refreshing sleep I've had in a long time(filled with dreams too, because of such a deep sleep), waking up around 10:00 AM. I even forgot the last few minutes before I went to bed, like what album I decided to listen to, and what television show I was watching before I went to sleep, which is probably because the tea made me so relaxed and tired.

I will definitely be doing this again, maybe regularly to help with my occasional insomnia. If I've had a rough day at work or school and want to relax but don't have any weed, I think California Poppy tea would take the edge off.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 51774
Published: Jan 21, 2010Views: 19,447
Poppies - California (279) : General (1), Health Benefits (32), First Times (2), Alone (16)