Thinning Out Your Physical Library?
If you have books or periodicals about drugs, contribute them to Erowid!
Your old books will find a good home in our library or for a supporter. [details]
Back to Baseline
Tabernanthe iboga
by user
Citation:   user. "Back to Baseline: An Experience with Tabernanthe iboga (exp52501)". Erowid.org. Apr 20, 2006. erowid.org/exp/52501

1 tsp oral Tabernanthe iboga (roots)

I have a history of drug abuse and depression. Recently the depression became very hard to bear. This morning I was downer that I thought possible. Closer to suicide or violent behaviour than ever.

I have 1/2 an ounce of Tabernanthe Iboga root bark somewhere at home. I took shredded / powdered root. Very soon, I felt something seeting up. Twenty minutes letter, I felt some kind of a stimulation. Then I was 'normal' again. I was baseline, being able to concentrate, not depressed any more. I wasnt euphoric or stimulated, I felt energetic but in a natural way, able to feel the tiredness, but concentrated on the things to do. I'm impressed. This plant is really powerful. I have remained under the level of psychoactive effects, but even like this, I can see why this plant is so respected. The bad side is that it is a bit hard on the stomach.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 52501
Published: Apr 20, 2006Views: 13,215
Tabernanthe iboga (200) : General (1), Unknown Context (20)