Smelly, Disgusting and Sober Headache
Lactuca - L. virosa
by George
Citation:   George. "Smelly, Disgusting and Sober Headache: An Experience with Lactuca - L. virosa (exp52621)". Erowid.org. Apr 25, 2006. erowid.org/exp/52621

6 hits smoked Lactuca - L. virosa

I currently reside in California and I am therefore by definition an expert on gooooood bud! I was browsing the internet the other week when I came across a product called “legal herb.” Even though in my heart I knew that it must be bullshit, I was slightly intrigued, so decided to order some from a fancy looking web site that was chock full of great testimonials. In retrospect, the positive reviews absolutely had to have been written by the owners of the company!

I ordered four different samples that all had fancy names (e.g. Hawaiian gold bud, blueberry buds, Maui hybrid, Dutch haze). At least two of these products listed opium lettuce (Lactuca virosa) as an ingredient. Actually, the “Hawaiian gold bud” is comprised entirely of opium lettuce. They arrived today (4/23/06) and I was looking forward to giving them a try.

I wanted to have a clear head when I tried my “legal herb,” so did not smoke any dubie or drink and alcohol during the day. Around 7pm I decided to give it a go and I took a few bong hits of the Hawaiian crap bud. I didn’t feel a thing, so I took a few more bong rips. I was finally beginning to feel a slight effect. Yes – Finally! Oh no, it’s only a headache! I then thought to myself, if someone gave this plant species the common name “opium lettuce,” it just has to get me high. Hence, I took a few more bong rips. I should have know better, because now I had a splitting headache, my mouth tasted like shit, by bong smelled ever worse, and I was now officially pissed off (at myself for being stupid enough to smoke lettuce).

Conclusions: I was completely sober before smoking the lettuce. I didn’t feel even the slightest buzz after 6 healthy bong hits of lettuce. The lettuce gave me a terrible headache and the lettuce made the entire house smelled like shit.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 52621
Published: Apr 25, 2006Views: 24,028
Lactuca - L. virosa (340) : Alone (16), First Times (2)