Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for
the number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,422. $10-$500 donations are doubled! [see progress]

Donate Cryptocurrency
Baked on Lettuce
Lactuca - L. Virosa
by LegalStoner
Citation:   LegalStoner. "Baked on Lettuce: An Experience with Lactuca - L. Virosa (exp52936)". Erowid.org. Nov 17, 2007. erowid.org/exp/52936

1.75 g smoked Lactuca - L. virosa (plant material)

I like smoking stuff and getting high, but I have an addictive personality and nosy parents so I can't do much. I smoked weed a couple times about half a year ago, but got caught. Since then, I've been looking into different legal stuff, but most doesn't work. I tried Damiana, Kava kava, and Wild Dagga with no significant effects.

So a while ago I bought an ounce of Wild Lettuce in Berkeley (it was cheap, only $2.50) to try. I tried it a couple of days ago and it didn't do anything. Today, I was hanging out with my friend T, who is a heavy stoner. I don't smoke weed, but I mentioned that I had a fat bag of wild lettuce. We smoked three bowls of it in his pipe, which has a pretty big bowl, to minor effects. We felt relaxed and had strange thoughts, but that's about it.

Then we had two gravity bongs each, the gravity bong is made from a gatorade bottle with a trumpet mouthpiece for a bowl. A couple minutes later while we were playing guitar, I started to feel tingly. Then I got a distinct body buzz. What follows was what I can compare to smoking a good amount of white widow weed. I started to see the world differently, imagining everything really big, on TV, two dimensional, and in a couple of other strange ways. My friend T didn't feel much, but he's done a lot more than me before so it probably just didn't seem as significant to him.

I'm not saying that lettuce is as good as weed, but it is definitely a way to get high. I enjoyed the experience and will probably be doing it again. Also note that it doesn't taste nearly as good as weed.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 52936
Published: Nov 17, 2007Views: 54,066
Lactuca - L. virosa (340) : Small Group (2-9) (17), General (1)