Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Relief of Cluster Headaches found in mushrooms
Mushrooms
by Rev. J. Darin Ellis
Citation:   Rev. J. Darin Ellis. "Relief of Cluster Headaches found in mushrooms: An Experience with Mushrooms (exp5315)". Erowid.org. Mar 3, 2001. erowid.org/exp/5315

2.5 g oral Mushrooms

In Oct. 1999, I was diagnosed with cluster headaches. My headaches were so intense and painful, that my doctor believed that the pain (which was accompanied by terrible nosebleeds and loss of vision in my left eye) was caused by a brain tumor. I was prescribed a popular migraine medication, but it had no effect. I began smoking marijuana on a regular basis, and it eased the pain, but nothing could prevent it. When I had to stop eating handfuls of ibuprofen from fear of endocrine failure, I stumbled upon an article about some chronic headache sufferers using mushrooms and acid to treat pain.

In the past I had only used LSD for recreation and religious experiences, and I had never used mushrooms. I decided to give it a shot (nothing else had worked so far and I was willing to try anything), and I chose to use mushrooms to avoid consistantly taking large doses of a drug so unnatural as acid. My first experience was very pleasant, though the effects were not as long lasting. I had a headace a few days later and the pain was noticeable less severe.

I have been eating mushrooms frequently for 7 mos. now, and have noticed dramaticly decreased frequency as well as pain in the headaces I have had during this time frame. I cannot completely attribute all of the success to the psilocybin, however, due to a great ruduction in stress in my life during this time as well, and a conclusion will require further observaion.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 5315
Published: Mar 3, 2001Views: 18,674
Mushrooms (39) : Health Benefits (32), Unknown Context (20)