Questioning Reality
Mushrooms
by Katherine
Citation:   Katherine. "Questioning Reality: An Experience with Mushrooms (exp54087)". Erowid.org. May 9, 2018. erowid.org/exp/54087

oral Mushrooms (dried)
    smoked Cannabis (plant material)

My boyfriend and I decided to try mushrooms. Neither of us had done them before and went over to our friend's house. He had done them before and was nervous to do them again because he said that he felt 'fear and loathing' while on them. We got comfortable watching TV and took the mushrooms little by little. I had been warned beforehand that many people made the mistake of taking too much and didn't realize it until it was too late and they were in the middle of a bad trip. We just relaxed and let the mushrooms sink in. I started to feel a little nausea after about 45 minutes so I had some chips and that took the nausea away. We smoked some pot to take the edge off and then just relaxed as the mushrooms took effect. I'd say it took about an hour before they really kicked in. I don't know for how long they were at their peak, because I was really in my head. I had a weird experience where I started questioning reality. I really had myself convinced that I had made up my family, friends, and life. I found myself obsessing over this thought during the duration of the trip. I also had weird paranoia that my boyfriend and his friend were talking about me. After awhile I came down and was able to function again. Even though my thoughts during my trip had been spooky and weird, I knew that I never would have thought that way without mushrooms. Coming down from them was easy and quick and my thoughts about my reality being all in my head seemed silly. All in all, the experience was good but I would do it next time probably in nature.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 54087
Published: May 9, 2018Views: 612
Mushrooms (39) : General (1), First Times (2), Difficult Experiences (5), Small Group (2-9) (17)