Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
An Unfortunate Interaction
Mushrooms & Paxil
by Aaron
Citation:   Aaron. "An Unfortunate Interaction: An Experience with Mushrooms & Paxil (exp54507)". Erowid.org. Feb 22, 2010. erowid.org/exp/54507

20 mg oral Pharms - Paroxetine
  4 g oral Mushrooms (dried)

I consumed about 4 grams of psilocybe mushrooms and did not experience any effects whatsoever. My pupils did dilate, however, but I had no psychoactive trip of any kind. I'm thinking this may be because I take 20 mg of Paxil (Paroxetine HCL) daily for mild depression. My friends have told me that Paxil can counteract the effects of psilocybe. Paxil is not an MAOI.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 54507
Published: Feb 22, 2010Views: 2,320
Pharms - Paroxetine (148), Mushrooms (39) : Not Applicable (38), Combinations (3)