Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Very Pleasant
Catnip
by Brotherhood
Citation:   Brotherhood. "Very Pleasant: An Experience with Catnip (exp65353)". Erowid.org. May 3, 2010. erowid.org/exp/65353

760 mg smoked Catnip (capsule)

I have smoked catnip a few times before, without noticing much difference. Today, however, I had a very pleasant experience with it.

I was walking to Starbucks to meet some friends for coffee, and I smoked a catnip joint along the way. The catnip I had was formerly in capsules, bought as an herbal supplement from a health food store. Around 1:00, I smoked about 760 mg (2 capsules' worth) of catnip. The smoke is pleasant, minty, easy to hold in lungs. Five minutes later, I noticed a garage sale and stopped to buy some cds. While I was paying, I dropped some change on the ground, and bent down to pick it up. As I did so, suddenly the whole world seemed extremely...warped, for lack of a better word. This was not a visual hallucination of any kind, it was just a general sense.

After that initial onset, I continued on my merry way, now feeling quite different. The heat (90 degree weather) did not seem so oppressive, I felt extremely optimistic, I felt suddenly that I had incredible luck, that everything was going my way. The remaining walk was only 5 or 10 minutes, but it seemed to take much longer. Everything seemed really interesting. I stared at the clouds, sun, people, passing cars, nearby fields, whatever. Heightened sensations, also: I suddenly became aware of my jeans rubbing against my legs, of the ground beneath my feet, branches and leaves that brushed by, etc. By the time I arrived at Starbucks, I was starting to space out. I ordered some coffee and sat in an armchair, lazily playing with the soft fabric on it, totally contented.

However, when my friends arrived, I started to feel overwhelmed, like bad vibes were all around. The music playing bothered me, and the place was becoming crowded, so I wandered around outside for a while. I then went back to chat with my friends, in a lucid and optimistic manner. By the time I arrived home at 3, any effects were gone. Overall, a pleasant experience. It is nothing like a marijuana high, but it's very nice.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 65353
Published: May 3, 2010Views: 125,057
Catnip (68) : Glowing Experiences (4), General (1), Various (28)