Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
Seeing Jesus That Saturday Night
Mushrooms
by Mr. Brown
Citation:   Mr. Brown. "Seeing Jesus That Saturday Night: An Experience with Mushrooms (exp684)". Erowid.org. Oct 18, 2000. erowid.org/exp/684

0.25 oz oral Mushrooms (tea)

One Friday night about 11:00pm I got a call from a good friend saying he had some 'dank shrooms,' so I ventured out and purchased a few. My plan was to eat them the following night (sat) and I was indeed excited. Having eaten shrooms before, I figured I would have a blast. Saturday morning rolls around and I decided that today, 'I must fast,' so no eating the entire day and only drinking water. I believe this prepares me for the 'big trip' and makes it more intense.

Saturday night and I prepare. Backpack ready with bottle of water, smokes, CDs and a few books...and a few grams of good herb. I grind the shrooms up very fine, adding them to a tea blend which I think was Lemon Zinger. Saving a few caps for during my trip, I proceed to drink my tea. The first sign of mushroom tripping for me is a deathly feeling. I lay on the bed, half convulsing and shaking, feeling really sick and wishing I hadn't eaten the shrooms when all of a sudden, 'Peace, Harmony, Silence, Noise, Alive and well.' Sick feeling is gone. God-like feeling has taken over.

At this point, I hadn't really ever had many 'external visions,' but I just saw myself reach across the room and pick up my pipe. My arm literally stretched across the room like Mr. Fantastic. Then I witnessed my friend first turn to melted flesh, then to bones, then to dust. Scary.

Although having fun with hallucinations, I never expected what would come next. As a meditator, I think maybe it would be cool to meditate while tripping, so I sit in the lotus position and begin a slow breathing technique. Seconds later I see myself in a bright light with clouds all around and what seems like music from a lute inside and out of me. Then I see what I believe to be the vision of Buddha floating on a cloud staring at me but not saying a word. Also, the Dalai Lama is walking towards me and then becomes me and walks away. FREAKY. The weirdest and most unusual of all is the vision of Jesus. It's giving me chills as I write this. He stood upright and kinda floated over to me, but then suddenly darted fast and entered my body from my chest and then swam out. This revelation to me was the most intense vision I had ever experienced and it has changed my life, I do believe. I have tripped since and nothing compares. Nothing. I believe that was my peak trip and I just hope that one day I can experience that again. Have fun.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 684
Published: Oct 18, 2000Views: 10,913
Mushrooms (39) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Mystical Experiences (9), General (1)