Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Strong First Time
Poppies - Opium
by phatfree
Citation:   phatfree. "Strong First Time: An Experience with Poppies - Opium (exp68755)". Erowid.org. Mar 13, 2020. erowid.org/exp/68755

3 cups oral Poppies - Opium (extract)

This was my first time trying Poppy Tea and I have to say I'm very impressed. I used to be a very heavy opiate user so I know how a good opiate buzz feels. Although I used to be a heavy user, it has been sometime since I used opiates so I no tolerance at all.

I started off with 1lb of poppy seeds. Before boiling my 3 cups of water I doused the poppy seeds with 2 ozs of lemon juice. I've heard that this helps extra more alkaloids, and plus the lemon juice helps the taste. I let the seeds sit in the juice while I prepare my water. Water boiling, i removed it from heat and poured away. I let it sit 15 minutes. A few minutes later, down the hatch my tea went(tasted horrible).

An hour later and I am very impressed with the strongness of the buzz. I would compare it to about 30mg of oxycode or similar painkiller. I had few minor nausea spells and for the most part my stomach stayed good. All the typical signs of an opiate were there. The pleasant itchs, tiny pupils, difficulty using the pisser, and wanting to just chill.

The buzz lasted about 6 hours for me and well worth it. It totally beats any painkiller I've used for the price and longness of the buzz. Especially the price!!

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 68755
Published: Mar 13, 2020Views: 1,335
Poppies - Opium (43) : General (1), First Times (2), Preparation / Recipes (30), Glowing Experiences (4), Personal Preparation (45), Unknown Context (20)