Ltd Ed 'Solve et Elucido' Art Giclee
This reverberating psychedelic giclee print is a gift for a
$500 donation to Erowid. 12" x 12", stretched on canvas, the
image wraps around the sides of the 1" thick piece. Signed
by artist Vibrata, and Erowid founders Earth & Fire.
Huasca Combo (Syrian Rue & M. tenuiflora) & Cactus (San Pedro)
Citation:   DreamRhythm. "Wow!: An Experience with Huasca Combo (Syrian Rue & M. tenuiflora) & Cactus (San Pedro) (exp69498)". Mar 11, 2008.

T+ 0:00
5.0 g oral Syrian Rue (tea)
  T+ 0:30 0.5 cups oral Cacti - columnar (dried)
  T+ 0:30 1 repeated smoked Cannabis  
  T+ 2:00 8.0 g oral Mimosa tenuiflora (tea)
First I'll start with a small bit of background. I have been going through some really tough times in my life due to relationship problems, causing me to drink alcohol excessively more often than I know is good for me. So in order to try to gain some new perspective and heal myself from my depression and addictive tendencies I decided to try Ayahuasca for the first time. I also was eager to compliment it with the San Pedro because I've read many reports that it can have a good synergistic effect with the DMT and Harmaline. I have only experimented with the San Pedro once before and it brought on immense feelings of euphoria which I thought should go well with the intensity of the Ayahuasca brew.

I set about brewing the materials around 3pm, I did the basic lemon and water extraction for all the plant material. I brewed the Cactus for about an hour, the Mimosa for 45 minutes, and the rue for 5 minutes. All were then let to cool in the fridge and then filtered through a tea strainer and then through a cotton pillowcase.

The experience begins at 6pm when I took my first drink of the Rue Tea. I decided to take a hot shower to relax my muscles and calm myself before the storm. The rue started to kick in almost immediately I felt that rising sensation associated with coming up on plant medicine. I got out of the shower, sat in front of my computer to set up some good music for the night and then drank another small cup of the rue and then half of my cactus brew as well. It's now 6:30 and I decide to smoke a puff of a bowl.

After that I started to feel more rising energy and a strong feeling of spaciness and I was staring at my curtains a lot, trying to see if there were any distortions in my sight. None yet, I knew the cactus would take about 2 hours to fully kick in so I sat and enjoyed the music while sitting in a meditative position in my chair. After about an hour or so I was beginning to feel the cactus coming on lightly and I got up and began to dance a little. I then decided I might as well down the rest of my cactus because I knew it was a smaller dose and I wanted to try to take it as far as I could go.

I really wanted to have a life-changing and perspective-renewing experience. Not much changed between hour 1 and hour 2, then right at about the 2 hour mark I was laying on the floor and the visuals started coming on, ever so lightly at first. I decided now was the time to drop my Ayahuasca. I took a bit more of the Rue and then drank about an ounce or so of the Mimosa brew. It was so bitter and disgusting tasting, but I got it down and managed to hold it down for about 10 minutes before I went to the bathroom to purge. I purged and felt this force of healing wash over me, I knew my body needed to expel this brew for now and that the spasms of my body and the gasping in my breath were all doing me a service in renewing the energy within me. I felt cleansed. I got up washed my face and then all at once the whole world was becoming distorted and yet crystal clear and beautiful.

Everything started shifting and I felt a huge sense of profundity hit me and it wouldn't let go. I started to cry and cry in huge waves where I would sob and let out all my breath and hold it that way for as long as I could. I was being healed, the medicine was working. I knew I needed to cry so hard to cleanse my mind and body of my recent depression and confusion. This was all about the 2.5 hour mark.

I slowly stopped crying and drank some water, then standing up to do some more dancing. While I was dancing I realized that there is so much to everything we do as humans, everything happens for a reason, everything has beauty in it, even the sadness and the pain. All while I was dancing I also felt as if this was just another wave I was riding...'before I was crying, now I am dancing, who knows what is next'.

I started to see that the true moments that matter in our lives are the spaces between everything. The one millisecond that it takes to change the position of your finger or hand in the air while dancing. Everything slowed down and I felt awash in a watery ocean of color, light, sound, and motion as I danced with fluidity that I am not as able to do sober. I was really feeling in the moment.

After dancing for what was probably ten minutes (though it felt more like an hour), I decided I wanted to play my drumset. This was at around 8:50...I remember because I was also having a slight questioning if the neighbors would be okay with that at this hour, after a little deliberation and reality checking I said to myself 'It's saturday night before 10, it's fine'. My internal dialogue was increasing with frightening speed at this point and I needed an outlet. So I sat down to play the drums as I've never played them before. At first it was quite awkward because my motor skills were starting to waver, but after a moment I got into the groove and could feel the beat better than ever before. I played for about 10 minutes or so and then decided to drink some more of the ayahuasca. I poured a much smaller amount this time so as to try to keep it down and intensify the experience that much more. I got it down and kept it down this time.

This was when I started to feel like I was moving out of my body. I was dwelling a lot on my recent breakup with my girlfriend and was feeling the need for some company so I went downstairs and scooped up our housecat Melvin (who is a girl) and took her upstairs into my room to hang out. I could clearly see in her that she was in a dreamy dopey state due to being scooped from sleepy darkness into my tripped out, music inundated world. It took her a few moments to adjust and cuddle up and I felt immense love at that point for this little creature. Willing to just go with the flow and sit with me while I went on this journey.

I started to think about how the Egyptians used to worship cats as divine creatures. All the sense of profundity I was feeling in everything went to the cat at this time. I began to speak to her and tell her she was amazing and beautiful and sexy. She was a little goddess creature sitting in my lap providing me with love and comfort. I told her I loved her and that we were in this together. I felt I was speaking to all females, all beauty, all over the universe and that this cat was just a representation of that feminine grace and warmth.

After sitting with the cat for a little while I decided it would be nice to lie down and snuggle with her so I got my bed all comfy and invited her to come lay beside me and get cozy. I closed my eyes and went deeply into my mind at this point. I began to think of numbers and how they are all connected, and the same with space, and time, and it all was becoming one. I was really feeling the ayahuasca and cacti meet in this beautiful and comforting feeling in my mind. It was overwhelming as well as calming and serene. I began to hear and at the same time chant the message 'everything is okay, everything is okay' Repeating this mantra very slowly brought me into a place of pure ecstasy. The wonderful feelings increased exponentially and I began to chant 'everything is GOOD, everything is fucking GOOOOD, everything is AMAZING'. I was lost in the music and in God now. This was around 3.5 hour mark.

I felt awash with love and renewal and healing waves. I began to see circles in the music and thought of how the entire universe is made of circles and spheres and how the circle is the most basic construct of the universe. Our lives go in circles or waves, around and around and up and down. Curves and waves and circles became me. I opened my eyes and saw my Aum tapestry with all it's little curves and 3's. I went back to numbers and time and realized everything that is happening has happened and will happen forever. All time is one point that is inside of a circle wrapping around into itself. I then looked at my drumset, my favorite instrument, basically all circles. the rims, the cylindrical shapes of the drums being just circles over circles. The cymbals...all circles. Beats that are made repeat back around just like a circle. I then started to feel that I had died and I was enlightened. Which I was, I was lost in time, lost in space, no ego, I was full of light.

The visions needless to say were amazing the whole time and full of that profound feeling, but aside from the visions which were so fast and shifting I could barely hold on...was the FEELING. I felt like I was one with God. Full on spiritual enlightenment. This lasted as waves of orgasmic pleasure spread all over my body and I reveled in it. This went on for what seemed like forever, accordingly.

After a while I got up out of my bed and came back to 'normal' reality. I reflected on my experience in the bed and knew that I had received all of the positive and healing messages I was meant to receive from the ayahuasca spirit. I put on some Metal and started to dance again for a while until finally I felt the need for some human company. I ventured out and up to my roommates loft to hang out. They knew I had taken those substances and asked how I was and also made comments about how it was weird to be doing those things when no one else was (none of them do anything other than drink alcohol or smoke pot occasionally).

I told them it was medicine and I felt I needed to do it. I said they didn't offend me with their comment or anything and tried to say that I had just experienced everything I could experience so whatever they said was okay with me. We settled in and watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind. An appropriate feature for the end of my night. This was at the 5 hour mark or so. I began to come down and was getting chilly so I went down to my room to grab a blanket, smoked another couple of tokes on my pipe and went back up to watch the movie.

That was basically the end of the night. The movie was quite entertaining but after seeing God an hour and a half before that I felt I was just trying to settle down and feel comfortable for this coming down portion of the trip. After the movie I went to bed and had restless sleep but slept better than I have been sleeping for the past 2 weeks. ( That was another reason I wanted to take this medicine was to clear my mind and thus heal my recent lack of sleep). This was all last night and today I am feeling a huge sense of hope and renewal, as if I died, went to heaven, and was reborn all in a few hours. I can say with utmost certainty that it was the single most profound and beautiful experience I have ever had. Wow!

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 69498
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Mar 11, 2008Views: 24,549
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
Huasca Combo (269), Syrian Rue (45), Cacti - columnar (10), Mimosa tenuiflora (74) : Alone (16), Glowing Experiences (4), Combinations (3)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults