Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
No Effect Even at a Large Dose
Kava
by Psychedelic Magnate
Citation:   Psychedelic Magnate. "No Effect Even at a Large Dose: An Experience with Kava (exp70194)". Erowid.org. Jun 22, 2018. erowid.org/exp/70194

2.5 g oral Kava (capsule)

I'm an experienced psychonaut and a 'hard-head' when it comes to most substances. When my friend offered me Kava supplements for the first time, I decided to take five pills as opposed to the recommended two. Admittedly, I was skeptical that the pills wouldn't work, as I don't trust plants as much as chemicals (this may have been the very mistake that left me wanting much more).

Anyway, a friend and I each took five pills, and hung out for the better part of three hours. And guess what happened? Absolutely nothing. I had not taken any other substances, so it was quite obvious that Kava simply didn't work on me. My friend who also took the Kava also claimed that they didn't do a damn thing for him except make him very tired. It should be noted that, as a severe ADD sufferer, he takes about 40mg of Adderall (amphetamine salts) every day and consistently gets less than 4 hours of sleep a night.

I know this is a brief report, but there's really not a whole lot to say. Perhaps it was my mindset that nullified the effects, but if it was, would the drug not be a simple placebo?

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 70194
Published: Jun 22, 2018Views: 1,006
Kava (30) : Small Group (2-9) (17), First Times (2), General (1)