Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Hippy Flip... Sorta
MDMA & Mushrooms
by scatterman
Citation:   scatterman. "Hippy Flip... Sorta: An Experience with MDMA & Mushrooms (exp71749)". Erowid.org. Oct 30, 2019. erowid.org/exp/71749

smoked Cannabis
  T+ 2:30 80 mg oral MDMA (capsule)
  T+ 11:00 3.5 g oral Mushrooms
  T+ 11:00   oral Vitamins / Supplements

I am currently 20 years old, and enrolled in college working on a degree in math and physics. My past experience with recreational drug use includes daily but not excessive marijuana use, one experience with a small amount of coke, one use of DXM, a few disappointing shroom trips, and maybe a dozen experiences with different pharms including adderall and painkillers. Overall I my drug of choice has been marijuana, and it is the only one which has become anything resembling a regular habit.

Now moving onÖ

About a week ago I went to visit a few friends in a town about an hour or two from my hometown. They are living in the same city as their college is in for the summer. All people involved in this particular story are male, and within a year of being my age. For the sake of simplicity I will just use the first letter in their name to identify them.

When I arrived at G, and Cís apartment around 5pm Sunday night, another friend of theirs who I didnít know, T, was also present. We proceeded to smoke some KB I had brought with me, and got fairly high. Our friend D arrived at about 7pm, and brought with him pure MDMA and some shrooms.

At about 7:30 the four of us except D who would remain sober that night as a trip sitter, all took 80mg of the MDMA, in gel capsules. About an hour later it started to kick in, and I felt a sense of well being, and a deeper appreciation for music.
I felt a sense of well being, and a deeper appreciation for music.
If I recall we mostly listened to stuff like Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley, and Pink Floyd. The entire evening I was the most energetic of the group and couldnít stop talking or slow down, so they pretty much let me control the music and lighting for the whole night. About and hour and a half after initial ingestion I started to feel more open, and D and I would take long trips walking around the neighborhood talking. Even though he was sober my openness helped him to open up, even though he is normally fairly wary of doing so.

Around 3 in the morning everyone started to notice a subtle come down. There were no complaints of being uncomfortable, but more just returning to base level. Of the four who had taken the MDMA, I was the only one who hadnít been smoking the kb after we started rolling, and the three of them started smoking in earnest at this point. I went out to my car with T to sit and talk, and we really got to know each other, and became friends very quickly that night. At about 4 all the effects had pretty much ceased, and I decided to take an eighth of shrooms, but everyone else just wanted to chill and smoke. MDMA and shrooms combined is called a hippy flip, but these werenít really at the same time, so I donít know if it counts as and actual hippy flip. I ate the shrooms shortly after 4 along with a few vitamins G got for me.

About 45 minutes later they started to kick in. My first effects seemed to almost just be a return to my how I felt during peak levels on MDMA.
Once again I went for a few walks with D, and we continued to talk. In between I would just sit with my friends on the couch with the lights dimmed, music playing, and me incessantly leading conversation. At about 5:30 I began to experience pretty intense visuals, which had not happened to me on shrooms before. The visuals included lights and colors becoming more vivid, and morphing through the full spectrum of colors. I also began to have a feeling of everything breathing, and constantly shifting in front of my eyes. These became so intense that I began to feel motion sick for awhile, but rode this out without too much trouble.

Around 7 in the morning everyone decided to go to sleep, and I was left as the only one awake. This caused a certain amount of distress in that I had no outlet for what I wanted to express, and so it became a difficult experience of introverted thought until about 9. At this point I was pretty much done with the trip, and about an hour later drove back to my house. That day I was tired, and had a small but persistent tension headache. Other than that I felt no ill effects.

In conclusion, the good things I did were taking a few multivitamins, drank plenty of water, and had a sober trip sitter present. The only negative things were the amount of time I spent doing these two substances back to back, and the few hours I spent alone.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 71749
Published: Oct 30, 2019Views: 1,284
Mushrooms (39), MDMA (3) : Combinations (3), General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)