individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
Separation of Body and Mind
Mushrooms & Cannabis
by themanonfire
Citation:   themanonfire. "Separation of Body and Mind: An Experience with Mushrooms & Cannabis (exp73549)". Erowid.org. May 19, 2020. erowid.org/exp/73549

1.8 g oral Mushrooms
    repeated smoked Cannabis

This is a report on my first experience with mushrooms, which has been the single best experience of my life to date. Im not really experienced with psychedelics but Ive been smoking pot regularly for close to 5 years now.

Me and a couple friends of mine have definitely been interested in expanding our horizons and trying some other substances but the combination of our nerves and the difficulty weve had finding other substances in our area has stalled us for quite some time. After careful consideration we decided that I would try them first and that my three friends would take them the following night depending on how things worked out for me. D had already weighed out our into 4 separate doses and set one of the little baggies in front of me. I ate all 5 stems and 3 caps in one bite and washed them down with a can of OJ. D agreed to stay up with me in case I had a bad time and needed someone around to settle me so we put in my Bob Marley Live at the Rainbow DVD and started smoking some weed and sipping off cans of orange juice.

Coming up was strange for me because it seemed to sort of hit me in waves. Id feel a little different but as soon as I tried to really pay attention to what was different the feeling would disappear. This happened 3 or 4 times before I actually started to feel the full effects of the mushrooms. Once they actually hit I can vaguely remember lying there talking to D for close to half an hour before realizing that he had been asleep for our entire conversation and I had been the only one talking. At that point I remember really noticing how different everything in our apartment looked. The walls breathed gently with the music coming from the TV. People on the TV had very bold solid outlines but the colors within the lines seemed to move and flow together in amazing patterns. After a while of just enjoying my surroundings I decided to lay my head back and shut my eyes for a bit. Immediately I noticed that my closed eye visuals were much more entertaining than anything I could look at with my eyes open.

This is the point where the most amazing thing happened to me. I came to the realization that what I had thought of as me for all my life really wasnt anything at all. It seemed so obvious to me that the me that I see when I look in the mirror is nothing but a physical manifestation of something so much larger and greater and more important. It made me realize that all the problems and hardships that I have experienced or will experience in my life are so trivial and unimportant to what I actually am. It was an incredible life changing experience. I would also like to add that chances are if I had taken too much my experience could have been just as bad as it was good. I took an appropriate dose in a situation where I felt comfortable and unthreatened.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 73549
Published: May 19, 2020Views: 458
Mushrooms (39) : Combinations (3), Glowing Experiences (4), First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)