Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Hated Enduring, but Love Remembering
Mushrooms & Cannabis
by Bailey
Citation:   Bailey . "Hated Enduring, but Love Remembering: An Experience with Mushrooms & Cannabis (exp87933)". Erowid.org. Feb 20, 2016. erowid.org/exp/87933

1.17 g oral Mushrooms
    smoked Cannabis

Bad Trip

I am seventeen years old living in San Diego and this weekend was my third time experiencing psilocybin mushrooms. Two girls and myself divided an eighth of golden caps equally between us at 7 pm. Both times before I had only eaten about a gram.

Thirty minutes later we sat outside by her pool and toked ganja bowls out of an illadelph. After snapping my fourth bowl, I look up at her pools waterfall and began to trip a little. A familiar essence of sketchiness begins to kick in and makes me feel a little restless in my legs, so I started to walk around. That sketchy vibe was normal, but had never hit me that fast, and certainly had not yet begun for my friends. A little short while after that, one of the girls and I wrapped our selves in blankets and sit outside tripping out to the pool lights reflection on the tall bushes and trees.

This is when I begin to hallucinate. The girl I was snuggling with began to feel uncertain about how the shrooms were making her feel, so she kept getting up with alarm, asking if her mom should pick her up. I told her not to worry, reminding myself that this was only the beginning, and as I was trying to talk her calm, I got this heightened sense of anxiety. All of a sudden everything became so hectic, we kept forgetting where we were and what time it was. It had to have been 8:30 for what felt like an hour. We quickly got our shit and ran inside.

While talking on the couch to my fellow goomers, we all kept loosing track of where the conversation was, and could barely finish any comments we made to each other. It also seemed like everyone was ignoring me when I talked to them. I saw a close guy friend of mine cruise in the door and automatically freaked out with another rush of anxiety. I got really upset and started crying and asked him if he could help me out because I was tripping so hard. He gave my gal pal and I waters and told us to chill in a room with each other until we collected ourselves.

Upstairs in the room we were lying on the bed, having crazy conversations: wed be laughing one second, then the next wed be crying and begging for our parents. I dont know the exact reason, but we both felt very threatened and worried for our lives and sanity. Both of us thought the trip would never end, and that wed be psycho for the rest of our lives. I actually remember my friend rolling over and asking me if I think her boyfriend will still love her now that shes gone mad and ugly. Looking in the mirror at our smudged makeup and huge pupils freaked us out even more.

[Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]

When my train of thought began to last longer than a couple minutes, I felt safe to make my way home in my car. The steering wheel kept dissolving through my fingers so I was constantly checking to make sure I was still holding onto it. After getting lost in my neighborhood for a solid 30., my sister drove up the street and picked me up. I was crying hysterically asking her where my shoes were, and if I was sitting down or not.

Mushrooms are frightening and unsettling, however they unlock a compartment to my mind that I hate enduring, but love remembering. The visuals were like nothing I had ever experienced before, photographs looked three-dimensional, and carpet patterns looked like they were swirling and moving. Staring down at my legs I would watch them ritually expand and then deflate.

If I do choose to ingest psilocybin mushrooms again, I wont eat as much, and definitely do them during the daytime.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 87933
Published: Feb 20, 2016Views: 1,546
Mushrooms (39) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Bad Trips (6), First Times (2)