Have you used Psychedelics or MDMA
for anxiety, depression, trauma, or PTSD
Relaxing Whether by Placebo or Psychoactive
Eschscholzia californica (California Poppy)
by Cmonster
Citation:   Cmonster. "Relaxing Whether by Placebo or Psychoactive: An Experience with Eschscholzia californica (California Poppy) (exp90905)". Erowid.org. Feb 10, 2012. erowid.org/exp/90905

oral Poppies - California (tea)

Recently tried a very strong brew of California Poppy tea. I removed the poppy foliage in the early morning and let it dry in a warm room with sunlight through the window for 3 days. By volume it was about 200ml, I do not have a scale. I then boiled a pot of water, added lemon juice, and simmered the poppy leaves for approx 1 hour.

I added honey to taste, and drank the entire cup of tea in approx 15 minutes. 30 minutes after finishing I felt very relaxed, my mind was calm and quiet. It was not a sedated feeling or a drugged feeling at all, leading me to think the experience was largely placebo. Either way I was very mentally relaxed and able to focus clearly on the conversations and ideas as they came. It was very much like having the inner chatter of my mind put on mute for the rest of the night.

The taste was pleasant, not at all flowery like a rose tea or something of that sort. Curiously I found the dried flowers to smell very similar to fish food.

Would drink again.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 90905
Published: Feb 10, 2012Views: 7,118
Poppies - California (279) : First Times (2), Alone (16)