Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Riding the Identity Roller Coaster
Mushrooms - P. cyanescens & Cannabis
by Kevin
Citation:   Kevin. "Riding the Identity Roller Coaster: An Experience with Mushrooms - P. cyanescens & Cannabis (exp103014)". Erowid.org. Oct 3, 2019. erowid.org/exp/103014

1 g oral Mushrooms - P. cyanescens
  2 hits smoked Cannabis

About a year ago I did (psilocybin cyanescens) mushrooms with my wife and two friends. The friends had never done mushrooms. Everyone did a gram, but I did my gram with the lemon-tek preparation, meaning I crushed my mushrooms up and soaked it in lemon juice for 20 minutes before eating.
This causes the psilocybin to convert to psilocin (which is psychoactive) before it ever reaches the stomach. Iíd heard that you peak faster and harder this way. True.

After we each took our mushrooms, one friend decided we should get MacDonalds. I went with her, urging her to hurry before the drug started to kick in. I was surprised when we pulled out with the food and it had already hit me. On the way home I watched the streetlights with streaks of light shooting out of them in every direction.

I curled up on the couch in a blanket while the others fooled around on the floor, talking about how different areas felt different. When I peaked I felt like Iíd taken 3.5 grams. All surfaces were swirling and boiling. It was incredible.

My wife had told me that my neighbor would give me some pot when I started to come down, and maybe that would give it a boost.

Note: Pot doesnít work for me the way it works for most people. Even in small doses, it makes me unhappy and uncomfortable. In a small-moderate dose, it hits me hard. Nobody ever believes me when I say that Iím comfortable with mushrooms but not pot. The only exception to this is when I do MDMA, pot boosts that effect and makes me feel happy/relaxed if I take it easy. I thought it would be the same for mushrooms. False.

I hit my friendís pipe twice and went home. I sat back on the couch and, watching my wife speak, realized I was losing touch with reality. The next thing I noticed everyone was gathered around me looking worried. My wife said Iíd passed out, and Iíd been making a really scary sound.
My wife said Iíd passed out, and Iíd been making a really scary sound.
I kept checking out and coming back, and my wife said I was convulsing. She said she was close to calling 911. It probably would have been wise, but Iím also glad she didnít.

During a moment of lucidity, I got up and walked to my bed. For hours and hours, for the rest of the night, I kept losing full touch with reality, and then fading back in, observing that Iíd left again, and then it would all fade away. My wife wasnít scared any more, and I wasnít doing scary things when I checked out. I figured I was gone for about five minutes at a time, and I asked my wife how long and she said that each time was about four or five seconds.

While I was ďgone,Ē I was in other situations that I would mostly forget when I came ďback.Ē One time I came back and was surprised that my wife was white, because I thought we were a black couple. One time I came back thinking I was a Mexican woman. My identity would change almost every time, and then I would come back and remember who I was.

It was an interesting night, and Iíve never heard of anything like it from anyone else. My wife is scared of me doing mushrooms now, even though itís clear that it was the combo of Ďshrooms and pot that did me in.

I donít regret it.

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 103014
Published: Oct 3, 2019Views: 622
Mushrooms - P. cyanescens (67) : Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)