Citation: Psychedelic Magnate. "Four Hours of Heaven, One Minute of Hell: An Experience with Mushrooms - P cubensis (exp69759)". Erowid.org. Jan 4, 2018. erowid.org/exp/69759
• I’ve tried most every drug in common circulation, some many times.
• As far as Tryptamines go, I have used Psilocybin several times, DMT once, and Melatonin a few times.
• I did not go into this trip with any intentions, except perhaps to make the 5 hour car trip more enjoyable.
• Most or all of my information was derived from erowid.org, personal, and relayed experiences.
• The previous hours had been spent buying copious amounts of drugs from a friend after a long car trip, which we would be returning from. My mood was very lifted, even without drugs.
• This report was written about two weeks post facto.
• The trip was taken in the front seat of a car, at night.
• Music playing was variable, although Tool and Ratatat were very commonly played.
• Two close friends were also in the car, neither of them on drugs.
Two samples of powder (even of the same chemical) with equivalent volumes won't necessarily weigh the same. For this reason, eyeballing is an inaccurate and potentially dangerous method of measuring, particularly for substances that are active in very small amounts.
See this article on The Importance of Measured Doses.]
• I’m 100% certain that the mushrooms were pure and high quality, as our source was reliable.
• One large mushroom, at least 4g, was ingested inside a cheeseburger.
• Measurement was determined by past experience and expertise by all three of us.
T+0:00: Consumed the large mushroom within a cheeseburger.
T+0:30: I started to come up, much stronger than any come ups I’ve experienced before, due to the size of the dose and purity of the source.
T+1:00: The trip was fully underway. I’d grown extremely nauseous, but refused to puke and let the mushroom out of my system too soon. Music had become much more enjoyable than usual, and I was especially fidgety, unable to sit in one place for too long. Time had, as usual, begun to dilate rapidly, giving the sensation that I was in mushroom space for much longer than reality.
T+2:00: I was tripping very hard; much harder than any experience I’ve had before. I’d achieved a certain euphoria, to the point where the nausea was barely noticeable although present. I’d fallen silent for a long period of time although my friends were talking a lot. I couldn’t follow their conversation if my life depended on it, so I listened to music instead.
T+3:00: My eyes had been closed for a while, and I’d begun to see many, many closed eye visuals. They typically oscillated with the type and loudness of music. Surprisingly, there were few cognitive effects. I had not reached the telltale mushroom spiritual feeling, but was not disappointed, as the reason I took them was to have a good time in an otherwise boring car ride.
T+3:30: At this point, my nausea returned in full force. For about one minute, I was in intense agony. I felt myself spiraling into a maelstrom of discomfort, panic, and coldness. No matter what I did to try and quell the feelings, they grew exponentially worse. I knew that I would have to vomit very soon, but I was not quite ready for the purge. I closed my eyes, and my visuals grew unfathomably more intense. Coupled with my current feelings, however, this made matters much worse. As if matters could grow worse, I perceived my entire body and existence shrinking. Although I’ve never experienced a true ego death, I was certain that this was the “path” that would lead to that state. I couldn’t handle that, and presently puked forcefully with my mouth closed. My friend pulled over the car, and I purged all over the side of the highway. The strain on my body and mind all but disappeared. Once I was finished vomiting, I sat back in the passenger side, and laughed mightily: I was feeling like a million bucks again. We took off, and my friends made a few snide comments. They certainly didn’t affect me, as I had just evaded the worst trip I could imagine.
T+4:00: A blessing, but mostly a curse. The act of vomiting quite literally removed the trip. I returned almost to baseline in only a half hour. Only after this did I regret having to puke, as the positive three hours were by far and away worth the minute of anguish. To ease the pain, all three of us took five doses of MDA each, and the rest of the night once again became very enjoyable.
• This experience was quite amazing, despite the painful and abrupt ending. I decided never to take less than 4g of mushrooms again, as smaller doses would pale in comparison.
• Good choices: Taking the drug with friends and being able to listen to music of my choice.
• Poor choices: Taking the drug in a car, with no way to escape, and not having a puke bucket handy.
Overall, the benefits did not last, and I now view the experience as a fun time, although not life changing. Next time, I will assuredly take more mushrooms, in a better setting.
Thanks for reading, and I hope you derive something from my experience.
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.